- Last night our pooch Lilly decided to get us up at 12:30 am to go potty. Ugh! Well, I couldn't go back to sleep! And as I laid there I was thinking all sorts of crazy things along with almost completely writing today's blog out in my head. I won't share them all, but one in particular was a question I knew I could ask a few of my fellow bloggies :) If I put my GU's in my suitcase (which will be checked) when I fly to Boston in April, are they going to take them out and confiscate them? Or will they be safe? Should I just plan on buying some at the Expo? Thoughts from any of you who have traveled on a plane with GU?
- Tomorrow I have my first trail run in over a year with Aron! Since I haven't ran one in a while, and the first one could almost be classified as a disaster, Aron is the resident expert tomorrow. I already asked her if I could follow her like a lost puppy to ensure my a$$ gets to the finish line. Thanks Aron! Did I mention that the course record is 2 hours?! 2 hours? I haven't ran a half that slow in a while, but it is a trail race which is a whole new ball game. And there will be mud! Yipee!
- My little niece and nephew are coming into town tomorrow and right after the race the hubbs, Lilly and I are driving to Sacramento to meet up with them. I am very excited to see them. They live in Oregon with their mom and we are only now being able to see them on a more regular basis. They are 16 & 17 and are just a delight - I can't wait! This will make for another long Saturday but it is sooo worth it!
- Aron yesterday also forwarded me an email from her friend Kristen who is organizing a relay race in May and asked me to join! am really excited about this, as I have read about so many of you having a blast! It is the first weekend in May and if you are following my schedule (come on, you know you are!) you will see that it is the weekend after Big Sur! And Big Sur is the weekend after Boston! My legs will be tired, but my heart will be full and I am really honored that she thought of me. If they will have my tired legs I will give them my all! Click on the link for the description, as I will not do the race any justice. It goes from Santa Cruz to Marin, crossing through some of the most scenic parts of Northern California - an experience not to miss!
- Finally, I am doing NOTHING on Sunday! I am wicked stoked about this. I have been going non-stop every weekend through January and I haven't had a day at home just to gather myself and my house. This is especially important as I have a race this weekend, next weekend, and the following weekend! I am anxious to race as I haven't since Fresno, I just wish they were a little more spread out.
Well, that's all I got! I have had a huge week of mileage, it's a peak week for me and I am feeling it! I am hungry all the time and am already at 31 miles for the week with a race and some recovery runs still to go. Ahhh, marathon training!
To all you peeps tackling your long runs or racing this weekend, good luck! You're gonna rock it!
Happy Friday and Happy Running peeps!