Friday, January 29, 2010

5 Things Friday!

I know I have mentioned this a billion times, I am not creative; I am an accountant.  With that being said, I am stealing borrowing my Friday theme from my girl Mel over at Tall Mom on the Run.  Thanks Mel! 

  • Last night our pooch Lilly decided to get us up at 12:30 am to go potty.  Ugh!  Well, I couldn't go back to sleep!  And as I laid there I was thinking all sorts of crazy things along with almost completely writing today's blog out in my head.  I won't share them all, but one in particular was a question I knew I could ask a few of my fellow bloggies :)  If I put my GU's in my suitcase (which will be checked) when I fly to Boston in April, are they going to take them out and confiscate them? Or will they be safe?  Should I just plan on buying some at the Expo?  Thoughts from any of you who have traveled on a plane with GU?
  • Tomorrow I have my first trail run in over a year with Aron!  Since I haven't ran one in a while, and the first one could almost be classified as a disaster, Aron is the resident expert tomorrow.  I already asked her if I could follow her like a lost puppy to ensure my a$$ gets to the finish line.  Thanks Aron!  Did I mention that the course record is 2 hours?!  2 hours?  I haven't ran a half that slow in a while, but it is a trail race which is a whole new ball game.  And there will be mud!  Yipee!
  • My little niece and nephew are coming into town tomorrow and right after the race the hubbs, Lilly and I are driving to Sacramento to meet up with them.  I am very excited to see them.  They live in Oregon with their mom and we are only now being able to see them on a more regular basis.  They are 16 & 17 and are just a delight - I can't wait!  This will make for another long Saturday but it is sooo worth it!
  • Aron yesterday also forwarded me an email from her friend Kristen who is organizing a relay race in May and asked me to join! am really excited about this, as I have read about so many of you having a blast! It is the first weekend in May and if you are following my schedule (come on, you know you are!) you will see that it is the weekend after Big Sur! And Big Sur is the weekend after Boston! My legs will be tired, but my heart will be full and I am really honored that she thought of me. If they will have my tired legs I will give them my all! Click on the link for the description, as I will not do the race any justice. It goes from Santa Cruz to Marin, crossing through some of the most scenic parts of Northern California - an experience not to miss!
  • Finally, I am doing NOTHING on Sunday! I am wicked stoked about this. I have been going non-stop every weekend through January and I haven't had a day at home just to gather myself and my house. This is especially important as I have a race this weekend, next weekend, and the following weekend! I am anxious to race as I haven't since Fresno, I just wish they were a little more spread out.

Well, that's all I got! I have had a huge week of mileage, it's a peak week for me and I am feeling it! I am hungry all the time and am already at 31 miles for the week with a race and some recovery runs still to go. Ahhh, marathon training!

To all you peeps tackling your long runs or racing this weekend, good luck! You're gonna rock it!
Happy Friday and Happy Running peeps!






23 comments:

Jenn said...

Accountants aren't creative??!! Buy the Gu's at the Expo but they won't confiscate them if they're checked! I am not checking any of my running gear though as I can already see the airline losing my luggage! A muddy trail run without the stress of a major time goal sounds so awesome right now. I hope you have a great time!! Enjoy your Sunday! I long for days like those and totally relish in them when I get the chance!! Good luck tomorrow!

Jen Feeny said...

I brought Gu's with me to Chicago on my carry on and nary a word was said. I can't imagine they would say anything I mean they've had to of seen them before.

Have fun on the trail run! So jealous you get to meet Aron! :)

Anonymous said...

Funny- I thought the same thing about the GU since I will be flying in 4 weeks but most people I talked to said it is no biggie and nothing was even said!

Amber said...

Ooooh have fun! I went trail running for the first time in MONTHS yesterday and I forgot how much I LOVE running on the trails. Makes the run go by so much faster and I'm not constantly looking at my watch.

A HALF-marathon on the trails sounds tough though! Good luck!

Pining for Pinterest said...

Good luck this weekend! I can't wait to hear how it goes :-)

Jill said...

Morning girlie....
Yes, you can bring GU on the plane. Sometimes I put it in a ziplock with my other liquids but most of the time I just throw it in my suitcase but never once have had anyone say anything. That's sooo cool you are meeting up with Aron and running the race. Trail running is a lot slower so do not obsess over time, just go and have a blasty. So cool about the relay, too. I know my relay we do in Sept (Aug this year) is the best race I've ever done. Such team spirit! Have fun with your niece and nephew, I can hear the excitement in your voice :). And I am awake for hours on end every single night - I get most of my blog catching up done then ;). Happy weekend!! Hugs to you!!!

Sarah said...

Can't wait to hear all about your trail run in the mud!! Have fun! :)

BTW The relay race sounds really cool!

RunToTheFinish said...

yyeah you can't carry on the gu, unless they are in your little quart plastic bag.

I thought we had a relay ready to go here in FL, but I think everyone is backing out...BOO

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I have to do better about follow who is racing when!! Maybe it's just my poor memory (2 head injuries! it's not an excuse. it's a reason!)

I can not wait to hear about your trail half. I got my new shoes. No trail runs in them yet. I have my doubt about them already.

Run strong and stay on course. (I am already worried about getting lost on my trail race...did I tell you I think I'm doing the 50k?)

T.A.O said...

Have fun on your trail run! I am doing a long one on Saturday and I am a little a-feared! I am running a marathon in May and am already exhausted by all this training. : )

Anonymous said...

I take my energy gels in a ziploc bag and have never had a problem.

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Good luck with the trail run! I'm sure you are going to rock it! Happy Friday!

Tara said...

I totally do the same thing! (wake up in the middle of the night and think up blog posts) I always forget them by the morning though. We are waaay too much alike. I'm not creating either. Accountants just aren't....

Yeah for trail racing! I wanna do one! Sounds like fun. I'm anxious to go read about this relay you were talking about too.

I've always checked my gels, so I don't know if you'll have a problem with them in security or now. I would be interested in finding out though.

Teamarcia said...

Ok this is how totally anal I was about Boston this year: I had Hammer ship my Gu to a Boston friend so it was there and waiting when I arrived. I've heard it's ok to carry-on but with the underwear scare who the heck really knows?
Have a great weekend!

Heather said...

Have fun at the trail race tomorrow!

Angela and David said...

Oh, I love those days with nothing to do. Haven't had one of those in FOREVER. Enjoy Sunday!

ajh said...

You are racing a ton. And you are doing Big Sur. That alone sounds wonderful but then a scenic relay on top of it! Sounds great! I have a relay this summer that I also did last summer. It was a great experience.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

I do High Five Friday, so you are totally original :)

GOOD LUck in your race, I bet that will be tough, 2 hours??

Have fun with your niece and nephew.

Have a relaxing weekend, when you can

Tricia said...

Good luck on your trail run!

N.D. said...

No idea on the GU - good luck! That really sounds great after your big challenge - something really fun to look forward to! Enjoy your Sunday, and looks like the dog is getting you ready for a bbaby - haha. Nick was up last night randomly too.

N.D. said...

and good luck tomorrow!

Anne said...

Have a great race...I look forward to reading all about it :)

Jess said...

Hope you enjoyed your "nothing" today!