It's Wednesday peeps, which means it's hump day! Which also means only three work days left before a three day weekend! Funny, these three work days are going to drag while I am almost certain my three day weekend will fly by! Ce la vie!
Nothing really exciting going on here with me. I got a crazy good track workout in last night, 10x400 @ 6:30/mi pace. They felt great! I did a 400 cool down lap in between each around a 7:45/mi pace. It's amazing how slow that 7:45 feels when you have been hauling a$$ around the track a minute and fifteen seconds faster! I also will let you all know I did a two mile warm up before hand and a one mile cool down afterwards. You were right, I hit the track a lot more ready and felt a ton better when it was done :)
Finally, Mel - Tall Mom, hit me with that award that's going around - The Versatile Blogger Award - thanks Mel!
So, here they are - 7 random facts about me :)
1. I took the written driver's test 7 times before I passed and got my permit. I was a straight "A" student in high school but every time I would go to take it I would blank and forget everything! The 8th time I got a repeat test and got 100%! When I took the actual behind the wheel test, I got 98% - he dinged me for not turning my directional on far enough out! I'm a pretty decent driver but that 7 test thing is still a source of humor for my family :)
2. I played soccer all the way until my sophomore year of H.S. I had played golf since the age of 10 and my school finally started a golf team that year so I joined. Yes, the golf team was super geeky, but I had a blast! And we practiced at a ritzy golf club near by which made it that much more sweet! Almost everyone in my fam is golfers, aside from my parents, and I love to just go to the range and hit a bucket of balls.
3. I drink a ton of coffee. And by ton...I mean a TON! I stop and get a venti coffee every morning on my way to work. That lasts me until around 8 am when I brew another pot at work and have a few more cups. I also usually also stop on my lunch hour or when I'm out visiting clients and get another venti size, iced or hot. I do drink a lot, but I also am drinking water the whole time in between. I love coffee in any way, shape or form. There isn't anything like a big iced coffee in the afternoon to perk you up!
4. When I started college my major was theology. I loved the classes but by sophomore year realized that my only option with that degree was being a professor. I love school, love, love being a student, but I didn't want to teach. I changed my major that year to Business and Accounting. NO ONE ever thought I would take that road! And neither did I! Talk about clashing majors! But I enjoy what I do and am an accountant through and through :)
5. My favorite shows on TV right now are How I Met Your Mother and House. Unfortunately, they both air at the same time on the same night. I am also not one to watch much "live" TV, I DVR most everything. I HATE commercials and just don't have the patience for regular TV. With that being said, I do watch a lot of Food Network (usually on in the background), but other than that and my daily dose of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and Colbert Report, not a ton of TV watching takes place at our pad.
6. My hubbs and I are in the midst of planning our vacay to Hawaii for Thanksgiving. I vowed not to be responsible for everyone's Thanksgiving this year after the crap I dealt with last year. So, I am planning on having my turkey with a side of pineapple and if my fam wants to celebrate with us, they will have to hop on a plane and come to Maui. Only...I'm not going to tell them where we are staying! LOL!
7. Next week my niece is graduating from H.S. She just turned 18. Yes, I have an 18 year old niece. Actually, the comical part is that my 21 year old sister has an 18 year old niece! We are very proud of her and we are flying to Portland next week to celebrate - can't wait to see her!
I'm supposed to pass this on to 15 other peeps, but I think I'm the last to be awarded and most everyone has already done this. But, if you haven't been tagged or have been slacking on the 7 things to post - consider yourself tagged! It's hard to come up with 7 random things but it is so fun to read about all you bloggy peeps :)
I'm really loving being back in marathon training, I love crossing off my completed workouts on a calendar! I'm just hungry all the time! LOL!
Happy hump day peeps and Happy Running :) P.S. Head on over to my buddy Jamoosh's page and check out some cool giveaways he has for SOCKS a RoadID gift certificate and a Zombie Runner gift certificate. Tell him I sent you :)