Fresh off my trip to Tahoe, I thought I would give you all a quick update :)
1. Running without looking at my plan is going FAB! I had no idea I would survive not having the ability to look at a nice neat little spreadsheet to tell me what distance to run and how fast. But it feels good to just go out for feel - I hope I don't get too used to this!
2. While in Tahoe, I got in two great runs and a long mountain bike ride. The weather was just perfect up there. Wednesday I got up and ran a quick 5 miles before coming back to the hotel to find Ari and Lilly ready for a nice long bike ride around the lake. We ended up going about 20 miles before Lilly just couldn't take her little carrier anymore. So we called it a day and sat on the beach for the rest of the afternoon :) Thursday I got up and ran with Ari and Lilly and got in 9 miles before we had to head back to the hotel and head home. Ari really, really, really, really, really wants to move up there. As beautiful as it is up there, the abundance of hippies and tourists is just too much for this city girl!
3. My knees are still tight and achy when I first start out running. It takes a good 2-3 miles before they are warmed up. I have rolled, iced, used BioFreeze like a mofo and they still are not happy with me. Like many of you, I'm afraid to go to the doctor because I'm sure they will just tell me to quit all the crazy running. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated it. The pain is on both knees, I have bought new shoes and it does eventually go away after a few miles. Classic runner's knee? Thoughts?
4. Tomorrow I am running a trail half marathon! I'm so excited to race! This is the same race and group that put on the trail half that Aron and I ran together back in January. This time I won't have the crazy mud to worry about. Although, the Bay is expected to get warm again this weekend so I will have the heat to contend with. But this trail run and the race organizer is awesome so even though I am sure I will be dead from the heat it should be a great time!
5. Finally, thanks to all of you for your thoughts and kind words to my "blah, woe-is-me" training post. You all seemed to agree that 18 weeks is a little long and that I am smart to back off - it feels good to have some reassurance from all of you smart people :) Sometimes having this blog to bounce ideas off is just priceless. No matter how much of a veteran runner you are, we can all use to learn something from one another :)
I'm off to catch up with all you busy people! Good luck to all you peeps racing this weekend, too! Especially Mel & Amanda! Go sub 4 ladies!!!!
Happy Friday and Happy Running Peeps!