Thursday, November 19, 2009

I feel old!

A little background for you my readers...
My parents have been married for 38 years.  I have an older brother who is 38 (yeah, you do the math on that one) and a little sister who is 20, going on 21.  I am right in the middle, 29 going on 30!  Yes, the same parents for all of us!  There is 9 years between my older brother and I; 9 years between my little sister and I.  So that makes 18 years between my big Bro and my little sis! ;)  Let's just say, that when my sister turned 9, we were all a bit nervous!! Hahaha!

My little sis is in college right now studying to be a nurse.  She is taking a class that is apart of the college radio station and all semester she has been on some interesting adventures.  A requirement of the class is attending radio station functions and she has to accumulate so many hours before the end of the semester.  Well last night she had a function at a bar and seeing how she isn't quite 21 yet, she asked me to along with her to get her in.  "No prob." I said, "should I pick you up at 7?"  She laughed!  And she laughed hard!  The stupid thing didn't start until 9!  9 o'clock on a Wednesday night!  Who goes to bars on a Wednesday night?!  Well, college kids do and I had forgotten.  I have been crawling into bed every night for the past few weeks by 7:30 or 8 and falling asleep not too far after that!  9 o'clock seemed like it was midnight to me! 

We didn't have to stay too long.  The bar kicked her out almost right away at 9.  She got to put her name down on the sheet that she was there and off we went home.  I was so grateful!  By the time I got home at 9:30 the hubbs and the pooch were sound asleep!  Hahaha!  So today, I am less than stellar.  A bit tired.  I feel old.  When did 9 o'clock become so late?  Is it that I am getting old or is it because I am a runner?  I did a great hill workout last night before we went out.  I headed to the gym to use the dreadmill there because my dreadmill doesn't do so hot on the inclines.  I did 7 miles, half mile at 3% grade at 8:00 miles followed by recovery 1/2 miles at 7:41 pace.  I alternated and by the last half mile hill repeat I was done!  It felt great though!  I really needed a good workout like that.  CIM is rolling hills and this was perfect.  Needless to say, my legs were dead when we went out.  I felt old.  I didn't even get carded at the bar!  Was it from the pained look on my face from doing hill repeats just a few hours before, or was it because I am finally starting to look like I am close to 30?  I am hoping it was just the hill repeats. :)

Work has been quite slow right now, which is normal.  I am enjoying leaving early and getting my runs in before it gets too dark.  I am not like some of you who are able to get up and get a run in before work.  It just ain't going to happen.  But that's okay, I am enjoying the cool weather when I get home. :)

Have a great Thursday peeps.  It's almost Friday, which means it's almost the weekend and then a short week next week!  Whoo hoo!  I need that!
Happy Running! :)

6 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm 34 so a bit older but I don't think I've been carded in 10 years. It is kinda depressing. Love the early bedtime too. I usually catch the local Fox news at 9 and I'm sleeping by 9:30. Great job on the hill repeats! I need to come up with a good treadmill hill workout to use over the winter in prep for Boston. My usual route is fairly rolling but snow will be forcing me inside!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

My oldest son is 19 my youngest son is 15 months and my daughter is 8. I wasn't quite as evenly spaced as your family. ;-)

I wish I could get to bed that early!! But it rarely happens.

Sarah said...

OK first of all the whole 9 year thing cracks me up, I never even realized that! LOL

As for feeling old, I think it's more the running and your nature than the getting older. I personally am up until at least 10 every weeknight and I'm 32! You are an early bird lady!

Jealous of your early hours now. I wish I could leave before dark and get in some runs. But at least next week is Thanksgiving and some time off like you said. I cannot wait!!!!!

Heather said...

I love going to bed early, too. it feels weird to be out after about 6:30 to me.

Great job on that treadmill hill workout - impressive!

Jill said...

Yeah, it's a tad over midnight and I can't sleep so reading blogs....I'm going to have a rough day tomorrow. I can't even remember when I was 29 - but I'm certain it was fun :). Run well!!

N.D. said...

7:30 or 8! you'll be ready to go to bed when your kids do (if you have them). That is quite early, and I thought 10 was early! 9 years apart is a nice break between kids - wow!! :)