Friday, November 13, 2009

!!WARNING!!

TGIF!! That pretty much sums up how I am feeling right now.  I am exhausted.  And I have gone to bed early every.single.night. this week.  And by early, I mean early, like watching Jeopardy in bed then falling asleep early.  I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I ran a marathon last weekend, either. :)  And the other weird thing is, that I don't sleep through the night.  Since Marathon Sunday night, I have woken up every.hour.on.the.hour!  I just can't get a good night sleep!  The other weird thing, I have no appetite at all.  I am not really hungry.  I know I have to eat, so I do.  But I am not hungry and it is making it hard to come up with dinner idea's this week.  Maybe after my long run this weekend my appetite will make an appearance?!

Speaking of which, I have had a pretty decent recovery week as far as running is concerned.  Monday was hell, couldn't squat down or bend my knees to save my life.  But Tuesday's recovery run went well, as did my run on Wednesday.  Wednesday I tackeled 5 miles and felt awesome.  I ran for about 38 mins on the treadmill, but I honestly didn't keep track.  I am in full recovery mode peeps!

Yesterday's run was even better.  I actually had to run outside to keep from going insane on the dreadmill.  My plan was for 8, but I only made it to 6 because it started to get too dark.  I am still freaked out from Tuesday's incident so I didn't have the confidence to push it.  Today, I am going to try to actually get those 8 miles in, I'm leaving work in a while just so that I can make sure.  For the weekend, I would like to get in a medium long run -   somewhere in the 13-15 mile range.  But we'll see.  I have floors, toilets and bathrooms screaming at me to be cleaned!! Hahaha!

I have a new confession and a warning for all my fellow runners out there.  I have now become obsessed with checking my bank account and the B.A.A.'s entry list every couple of hours of every single day!  I have already booked my hotel and flight for Boston, but still haven't heard if I am "in."  They say that they notify you by email that your in, but the other indication is that the pending of $130 being ripped from your bank account actually goes through and is taken out upon approval.  They gave me a confirmation number, but are still in the process of verifying my time.  A little birdy told me that she got her confirmation within a few days just recently, and although the B.A.A.'s notice said it could take up to five weeks to get a response, I am holding out that Jill is right and I will hear sooner (seeing how I have forked out some serious cash already!! First class ain't cheap people!!) 

And now, onto the warning part of this post - which I am sure you are all dying to know what the heck it is!! The warning is that the obsession with making it to Boston does not stop once you have qualified!  My new obsession with Boston is that I make it "in" to do April 19, 2010's Boston Marathon!!!  I am seriously checking constantly.  And I am one obsessed second away from calling the number at the bottom of my confirmation sheet to see what the hold up is!! (I guess that can wait 'till Monday - it would have only been a week).  So between client meets, urgent emails, actual work and of course blog reading, I am crusing over to the B.A.A.'s website and my bank account website to see if my name is on the list yet or that "pending" has turned into a charge.  Ugh!  The wait is hard!  And to top it off, I have read more than a few blogs and runnersworld.com articles to know that the word on the street is that Boston is filling up fast!  One blogger even said she thought it would be filled by the end of this week! Yikes!!!  This does not bode well with an OCD Type A personality planner!!  A million questions have arose in my head!  Am I in because I got mine in sooner? Or am I on the fence because the cowpoke town I ran in doesn't see how important it is to post this info fast!!! Oh, the questions!!

But for now though, I am glad it's Friday.  I have no control over any of that.  I did the work, and now have to sit back.  You would be pleased to know I did buy travel insurance (I am a tax accountant and financial planner sillies) so if worst comes to worst, I can cancel and get my money back and be ready for 2011.  I am going to enjoy cleaning my house, a weekend of not racing (it's been 5 weekends in a row) and enjoying my time at home.  Enjoy your weekend peeps!
Happy Running!

9 comments:

Jenn said...

You'll get in. I saw my name under the entrants list 2 weeks and 5 days after I registered and I received my mailed confirmation about a week later. You're type A too. Nice to know I'm not the only one with these obsessions!!

Anonymous said...

Be careful with all the running! No sleeping and no appetite could be your body's way of telling you to recover well. Don't forget that just because your legs are recovered doesn't mean your heart and endocrine system are too. I know you're smart and know your body but just be careful and stay healthy! I know it's hard to not run, but just be careful!

X-Country2 said...

Oh man. I'd be checking like a crazy person too! I'm sure it'll all work out. Take care of yourself. Rest and recover up.

Heather said...

Hope you get in soon so you can relax! I'd be doing the same thing, I'm sure.

N.D. said...

Oh my gosh, I'd be doing the same. I hope you hear soon!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

You'll get in. No worries. But remember to rest and eat. Congrats!!

Sarah said...

Did you hear anything yet? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Tara said...

LOL, I would be the SAME way. I'd probably check multiple times a day and call!!

I'm glad that you didn't get hit by a car on your 6 miler and I hope that your long run went well too!

RunToTheFinish said...

some day i will know the feeling of qualifing...but it might be way in the future...like maybe age 60

i think if i'd had the same scare as you running in the dark would be very scary for awhile