Thursday, March 25, 2010

Checking In!

I realized that on Tuesday I forgot to check in with all of you and see how the core challenge was going!  Silly me!  There is so much going on right now for me that sometimes I feel like I don't know which direction I am going!  But rest assured, each day time when I am doing my own core workout that I am thinking about all of you and sending strong core vibes your way!!  Remember, the challenge winner will be the person who has completed the most days of 50+ crunches in the 30 day time frame.  If there is a tie, I will draw a random name from the top finishers!  Also remember that the person who donates the most to our Relay will also be receiving a fun running prize!  So if you have slacked off a bit like me :) don't worry you can still win with a few bucks out of your pocket!

So, drop me a line in the comment section and let me know how you are doing!  If you are feeling like you are coming up short, I can give you some pointers or tips and also let you in on the core workout that my hubbs has created for me and is kicking my ass!

Yesterday I had a medium long run on my training schedule.  The plan was for 12 but I wanted to see if I could hit 13-15 since I didn't really do a long run over last weekend.  I was excited again to get out and run since the weather has been so nice!  I even left work a little early to get home and meet up with the hubbs after his own sweat session at the gym.  My stomach though all afternoon was not happy.  I just felt really full from lunch and could not shake the "off" feeling I was having.  Some of you battle poop issues when you run, I battle the "I feel like I am going to puke at any second" issue.  Most times I can battle through it, or at other times I fall victim to it :(  Yesterday when I headed out it was already in the low 70's but I figured I would just run slower and see how I felt.

I like to do a big out and back with a lollipop loop at the mid-way point to get my longer run in.  But by the time I hit the 3 mile mark, my stomach was done!  I threw up my whole lunch and all my fluids right on the busy street I run down!  I had stopped just for a second to check my shoe and well, my stomach took the opportunity to revolt!  This portion of the run I was still by myself, Ari wasn't going to meet me until the 6 mile back point so there I was, all alone, throwing up on the side of the road!  Ugh!!!!!  I rinsed my mouth out with a near by sprinkler and turned around and headed home.  I felt like garbage the whole 3 miles home.  Just drained.  I was planning on getting some fluids down and then trying to head out again, but my legs started cramping when I stopped so I just called it day.

I was disappointed but not to the point where I felt like I failed.  These things happen.  I can just switch my runs around to make up the miles.  I am going to attempt to try the run again today, as the temps are cooler and I am going to eat a more mild lunch.  The whole time I ran home, I was remembering how I had that same thing happen at Shamrock but was able to rally cap it back into the race and finish strong.  I guess since I didn't have an awesome medal or my family waiting for me at a finish that I lost my nerve to finish! LOL!  Needless to say, I'm leaving it in yesterday and am going to give it another shot today.  It also means that I will be moving my long run to Sunday which will be a challenge for my schedule - oh well, marathon training is all about being flexible! 

25 days to Boston, and one month to Big Sur!  The countdown has really started!  The Boston organizers thought it would be "cute" to send out a reminder email yesterday to let us all know it was 26 days to Boston.  Yeah, like I needed a reminder! LOL! 

Check in with me and let me know how you're doing!  Just over two weeks until the end of the challenge!
Happy Thursday and Happy Running peeps!

22 comments:

Pining for Pinterest said...

How exciting that it is getting closer!!!

Katie said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear you had such a rough run..

Jill said...

Okie dokie, you are going to be super proud of me, girl! I got out of bed last night after realizing I had not done my crunches for the day. And not only did I do them, I did 70 of them! I rock!!! Hahaha. I missed a day while in Atlanta but I did double the next day, does that count??

26 days....eeks! Can't wait to see you! Did you find your bib # yet? Wondering if you were riding the bus to the start or finding another way? Just wondering how we can squeeze in as much time together there as we can. :)

Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I am doing horribly. Must crank up the core and crunches...

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear you had such bad stomach issues yesterday. I looked for you on the road when I took B to the library, but I guess that explains why we didn't see you. :( Hope today is a much better day! I'm heading out for 6 at lunch.

As for the core challenge, yeesh I suck. Some days I'm all over it then days like yesterday I'm just totally unmotivated and do nothing! I better step it up!!

I can't believe Boston is so close now. I'm so excited for you! I just wish I could be there to cheer you on. :)

Jen Feeny said...

26 days! Ahhhhhhh! I'm so excited for you!

I'm doing well on the challenge although admittedly I started late and only have about 2 weeks under my belt. Boo!

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a great core challenge! I sure could use something like that! Too bad I wasn't following your blog when you first started that! LOL

ShutUpandRun said...

Thanks for the link to my poop adventure. Okay, the fact that you are puking on the side of the road - holy cow. What kind of pace are you keeping? That is intense. Hope you're feeling better today.

Tricia said...

I always laugh at the reminder emails too. Do people forget they're signed up for a race?

Jess said...

Sucks that you had such a bad run! I have had some puke issues in the past, and they were often linked to heat exhaustion/bad fueling choices (hint: GU pretty much looks the same coming up as it does going down). So, maybe the heat got to you too in this case?

Hope you feel better today!

Teamarcia said...

Don't ya just love those little BAA posts? They scare the crap out of me every time!
Sorry to hear about the puke episode--not fun!

Core challenge is going well--I think I 'm slipping into a nice little habit!

RunToTheFinish said...

my abs aren't looking any better, but i'm trying to keep up all the ab work... wait positive talk, I mean I have a six pack showing up any day now!

Jameson said...

Darn, I wish I saw this challenge when it started....next time.

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Bummer about the run! The next one will be better.

As for the core challenge ... I am rocking it! Haven't missed a day since the 12th (when I started) but I am working through a pulled ab muscle ... boo!

Anne said...

I'm sure the next run will erase the memory of this less admirable one :)
25 days!!!!!

Tara said...

Ummmm...I'm not going to embarrass myself by telling you about my lack of core work. I may have gotten in two days. Or one. I'll step it up though!!!

Jenn said...

Also laughed at the 26 day email! Sometimes a sh*tty run leads to an awesome one! Hoping that's what's in store for Sunday! Sorry for the delay on the relay donation. Finally made my way there today! This is all coming way too soon. Welcome Anxiety!!

Jo Lynn said...

I wonder if anyone ever says, "oh, that's right, I have Boston in 26 days. D'oh!" LOL ;)

Anonymous said...

I love that we have really gotten moving with race season! (well, not me, but still)

As for the challenge- yeah, up until this weekend coming, abs are pretty much all I have been doing!

Heather said...

Rough run! Do you ever have those times when you wonder weather it would be better to puke or to poop your pants? Cause that sucks. :)

So far, I'm F for fail on the core. 9 days only.

Have a great weekend!

Marathon Maritza said...

Yikes, rough run! Way to push it though, be careful out there!

I don't know what I'd rather, poop or puke. Yick.

Hope you can make the new meet up coming up!

Tara said...

It's Friday night and I just did over a hundred sit ups! FIST PUMP.